This project involved the production of a streamlined sales process which both empowers the users with a sophisticated Quote Tool (built in Silverlight 5) and the management with intelligent forecasting.
Using Dynamics CRM 2011 provided the client with the ability to centralise all of the disparate databases and spreadsheets into one location, enabling insight into the business which was not previously possible.
The sales engineers however benefited from the Quote Tool which was build directly into the Quote form of Dynamics CRM, which not only allowed users to enter products quickly, it also provided them with:
- Quick Product Searching on a variety of criteria
- Stock levels fed directly from the ERP solution (using BizTalk)
- Substitute Products when stock is unavailable
- Spare Products which should be sold alongside key products
- Ability to create kits which group products and allows kit pricing
- Markup and discount calculations
- Automated Customer discounts on key products based on agreements in the ERP system
- Packing Specifications (Variable Bin Packing)
- and more...
- ... All available offline within Outlook!
This certainly was one of the more complex projects, but such a great challenge brings a great amount of satisfaction. I wish them all the best for the future with Dynamics CRM 2011.